NATIONAL COCONUT CHALLENGE 2019
• Device/Technology that detects/monitors the presence of pest, disease and nutritional deficiency; and alerts the farmers to adopt control measures.
• Automated plant protection devices that directly target the crown or site of infestation and undertakes correctional measures.
• Technology / Ideas that will connect large number of small farmers with agricultural labour / machinery, multiple buyers, transporters, processors and interested players.
• Connecting farmers to multiple markets or developing marketing network for coconut, value-added products and by products. The objective is to eliminate middlemen for the benefit of producers and consumers.
• Large number of coconut palms is in a neglected state due to the absence of its owners in the locality. Ideas are invited for the effective management and utilization of such coconut palms profitably.
• Innovative, economic, women friendly devices/technologies for a) farm level/homestead/ nano processing of coconut (small scale activities) and b) Industry level (large scale).
• Coconut-based Agri-business development ie developing a chain of value addition stages, each of which can be run as a successful business.
• Development of new products, processing technologies.
• E-platform for effective connection between different levels of value chain in coconut.
• Ideas for putting the by-products in coconut sector into effective use a) by-products of coconut palm b) by-products of various value addition activities.
• Ideas to solve the problem of labour shortage in farming operations. It includes interventions in the field right from land preparation, planting, intercultural operations, irrigation, plant protection, harvesting etc. Interventions can include cultivation technologies or automation/mechanization.
• Ideas on soil and water conservation practices, water harvesting techniques, overcoming water scarcity problem, increasing water use efficiency etc.
• Ideas to promote coconut farming in homesteads (small scale) and on commercial lines (large scale).
Felling of senile coconut palms and replanting is a strategy for effective resource management. Ideas are invited for:
• Felling of senile palms and replanting (including sizing of wood and processing).
• Use of wood from felled palms.
• Plant, machinery, tools and equipment for enabling the processes.
The Gateway Hotel
November 2, 2019
November 3, 2019
Kerala State Industries Development Corporation (KSIDC), Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM),
and State Planning Board are jointly organising a National Coconut Challenge as part of the
International Conference & Exposition on coconut scheduled on November 2 and 3, 2019.
The event is to be held at The Gateway Hotel, Beach Road, Kozhikode.
The Challenge seeks to foster ideas and innovations in the coconut sector
(including coconut farming, marketing, process improvement etc.).
The Challenge will be a unique opportunity for innovators, startups, individuals, and students to showcase
their idea or prototype in the conference. It will also enable them to get mentoring and funding support
from various government agencies to carry their ideas forward.
Kerala Startup Mission
G3B, Thejaswini, Technopark Campus
Kariyavattom, Trivandrum, Kerala 695581
( Timings: 08.00 am to 08.00 pm )
Want news and insights? Join our mailing list.
Copyright © 2019 Kerala Startup Mission. All Rights Reserved.